Thursday, March 20, 2008

Blogging from Lima

Just a quick one this time, as I am on a borrowed computer.

We are staying with a kind and pleasant family in Lima for a few days. They are looking after us very well, and it is really nice to see how normal life is in another country. Plus, of course, we get told the good things and the bad things that are handy to know, such as how to spot fake currency, and where not to go. Already yesterday we had the local speciality cooked for us!

I´m guessing this is fairly firmly outside of brethren experience, but I´m enjoying myself so far. We have booked tickets to Cuzco for Saturday, and a man comes to the house later to drop them off! In some ways, it´s luxurious here, though not in every way ...

I have had my negative opinion of the staff at US airports reconfirmed, but that´s another story, as is the tale of many brethren wanting to have words before I departed - I had several visitors while I was packing my bags, and returned by invitation to a family member´s house for the first time since last August. So far, in lots of ways this feels like it was a good thing to do.

2 comments:

Escapee said...

Peru has a shining path, but the light doesn't come from the mog!

Jill Mytton said...

What a fantastic opportunity - ah the young these days!! I have always said I am living in the wrong generation. Great to hear things are going well - US airport officials aside!