Friday, April 4, 2008

Fragments about Travel

I have a few minutes to spare today before heading out to the next little adventure.

Much to my surprise, I find I travel quite well. I didn't expect to fare very well, as I've tended to be conservative in my habits, not least in food and my expectations of the weather. But we've been in Peru for two and a half weeks now, and I've thoroughly enjoyed myself and felt fine except for a couple of bad days at altitude and the odd wobbly moment since. Speaking to other travellers, that's perfectly normal.

The food is great here. Nothing can match our host's cooking (her Ceviche is superb), but we've had good wholesome meals for about eighty pence per person, and I feel like I've thrived on them. Also, I love the clear air and enlivening feeling of being high up in the mountains. The desert was a little harder to take, and I expect the jungle would be more so, but I think I could manage to at least try most things by now.

More travel will definitely be on the agenda.

No comments: