Monday, January 5, 2009

Last Weekend of the Holiday


Into the Sunset, originally uploaded by dhewi.

There are more comments I'd like to make about the break, but I'm taking it easy and allowing myself to become gradually accustomed to the working life again.

A nice way to spend the afternoon on the last weekend before the working year begins again was this, though. Standing on a local hilltop (it was too cold to sit) watching the sun go down. No meetings, no hurry, no agenda, no preparations for visitors, just companionship and beauty.

For once, I went back to work feeling rested and ready for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful picture of serenity. It reminds me of this quote -

The Beauty of Life surrounds me, the Joy of Life uplifts me, and the Resilience of Life protects me.
Laura Teresa Marquez