Friday, February 29, 2008

Weekend In Scotland

Another new experience, and now that this one has arrived I am beginning to doubt my sanity.

We are heading to Glasgow for a weekend break, and going by bus. It's exceptionally cheap, at three pounds return, but we are travelling overnight too, to minimise the time away yet maximise the time at our destination. Friday night and Sunday night on a bus! I think I might have managed that better when I was a teenager, but I'm sure the experience will be worth it. Travel is possible on a small budget of time and cash, and Scotland will be new to me.

Planning these trips has made me realise that another brethren cliche is in fact a fallacy - that is that only among the brethren can you find a welcome in other parts of the country or the world. I haven't the time to elaborate at this point (I have a bus to catch), but it's amazing the hospitality you can find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Another new experience, and now that this one has arrived I am beginning to doubt my sanity."

Normally your postings are very clear. Is your sanity being questioned because you spent two nights on a bus, or that you went to Glasgow?