Sunday, August 5, 2007

One Small Step for a Survivor

I suppose the real step forward was signing the agreement, but that feels abstract.

Sitting in the house where I'll be living is very concrete by comparison. OK so there's no furniture, so I have the choice of sitting on the floor, the kitchen worktop or the toilet, but here I am. The landlord seems a nice guy, so that's a good sign. It feels just a bit limiting that none of it is my own property, and consequently I can't change the few things I'd like to, but then restrictions are good for the soul.

Now I wish I'd brought paper and pen with me, as I could be measuring up to see what goes where. That shows how ignorant I am. As it is, I make an entry to mark the step forward, and move on. That's life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as there is a big enough wall space for the flat screen TV, a corner for the stereo, and a place for your computer. ;-)

Good luck, half the fun is deciding where things will fit - and changing your mind a dozen times!

Escapee said...

Don't forget lots of shelves for the ministry and lots of desks for the fleet of Apples!

Anonymous said...

When will the "house-warming" party be held? Give us a bit of time to make travel arrangements. Don't worry about the furniture, just have lots of glasses and a corkscrew. We'll bring the bottles. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I once used an old orange box, in an otherwise empty room, as a dining table and had the audacity to invite a friend to share it with me. It sort of brought us closer together.

Keep "moving on". There is no other way my friend.