Friday, August 3, 2007

Pause Postscript

Many of my blog entries have been made from my mobile phone.

It's a system that has many advantages once one develops the nimbleness of thumbs to operate a keyboard measured in millimeters, mainly because it is possible to add a post on a theme while the thought is fresh.

But a quirk of the phone or network has been known to cause part-delivery of messages, and it's been bad the last couple of days. I've only just noticed (and rewritten) today's entry, which was rudely truncated. I apologise to anybody who had a puzzling email that seemed to finish in midair. I must learn to save my entries so they don't get entirely lost when that happens.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A "quirk" of the phone you say? Perhaps it's the "lurk" of the Prince of the Air (<;

Escapee said...

EBs condemn radio as under control of "the prince and power of the air" Eph 2:2, but radio waves do not travel through the air any more than they travel through, say, paper. Transmissions from spacecraft show that radio travels through a vacuum.

However I saw that video where a certain Man of God flew through the air in a jet plane to Condoblin!

the survivor said...

And besides, there are official EB mobile phones these days, so clearly it's not the radio waves that are evil.

My phone runs Windows Mobile, so I blame the evil empire - Microsoft.

Jill Mytton said...

Heck I dont 'get' radio waves. What irritates me is the convenient way the EB rules change because they need to - eg mobile phones and computers. How many people have suffered because of earlier rules - it's galling to see that the rules they suffered under have now been rescinded.... Animal Farm rules.

Escapee said...

Sad that you use Windows — I had you down as the more intelligent type of computer user — a Mac man!

the survivor said...

Do I sound like a Windows fan?

I have five Macs ... plus a phone that runs Windows Mobile.

Escapee said...

What could one humble EB do with five Macs?