Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Things to Learn

Nothing very much has changed.

I've been learning that it takes time to rent a place. Also that unless I actively do something, nothing happens. It's as though everyone is hoping the problem will go away if they take minimum action and act nicely. Both those aspects actually work well together, in that they both use time: it would be awkward indeed if I was hurried in one way and held up in another.

But one change in myself is quite unexpected. It's only just over a week since my last meeting, and already I'm finding it hard to work up any interest in the brethren's goings-on. That may not bode well for the general interest in my writings, and I have been thinking that I had better move quickly and add some more posts while I can still summon up some strength of feeling on a few subjects. I, at least, would like to look back in the future at what I used to think about it all.

General life remains quite daunting. I have realised a little belatedly that a current job is a useful item in one's baggage. I have warned my employers that I will be going, but I can see that it will be very handy to postpone the official giving of notice until after meeting the bank and after agreeing terms of rent. People feel much safer dealing with an income than a bank balance.

I have much to learn.

No comments: